Handmade jewelry has been all the rage lately as many people around the globe and especially women want to buy some expensive though but with better quality. Two things that are coming out of this concept is the personal attention and love that designers and artists infuse into their work is evident in the masterpieces that they create. What most people or clients don’t seem to understand is the reason why handmade jewelry is more likely an investment than ‘’another product’’. Regarding our attention there are 5+1 reasons why handmade jewelry is more of an investment so here in Craftlet.com we thought it would be nice to break those reasons under for your attention:
1. There is no machine involved: By definition, handmade jewelry is literally just that, made by the “hands” of the artist. The pieces are soldered, sawed, carved and shaped without the use of any machine. As a result of all this is that can’t produce a mass production line when an individual can only make a finite quantity or fraction of the number of pieces in the same amount of time.
2. Time Worth Money: It was mentioned before that handmade Jewelry doesn’t involve any machine and it takes an incredible amount of time to produce just a single piece. As a designer I can’t remember how many hours took me to produce just one Viking Shield. Also there is often happening to spend many hours designing a single piece of jewelry for a client. The time to make the piece often can take days or weeks.
3. Process of Making: The designer has a very unique relationship with each piece or design. The design process is key to the value of every piece.
4. Materials for Jewelries: Every time one the most crucial reasons to set a price for a unique product is the kind of material is made of. It’s also difficult to know what materials are used in mass line production where dirty metals are blended together to create costume pieces. In Craftlet.com we assure you that our handmade materials are generally sourced from highly reputable suppliers.
5. Lots of Quality: at smaller scale production line is almost always higher quality because the ability to track and control the process from start to. Designers and Artists are extremely proud of the work they produce and they aren’t going to let something to interfere quality regarding their work. Handmade Earrings, rings and so many others.
6. Locally: There is a lot of noise in our days about supporting local artists as it is good for the environment and good for everyone. There is HUGE value in supporting local companies regarding sustainability and energetic standpoint.
Last but not least we have to mention that next time you consider purchasing a handmade piece of jewelry, remember those 5+1 tips and that even though the piece may be an investment, you are supporting something even bigger