After 8 years of continuous presence in the field of jewelry, Craftlet.com and myself as the manager of the shop and website I want to share a big thank you to everyone and I want to assure you that in the very near future I will mostly repay all of you. The reason I took this chance to communicate with all of you through my blog is that lately many of my dear clients either from the Internet or coming in store in Ioannina are visiting me because they want my ideas of combining their clothes with my jewelry.
Therefore I want to ask you to dare and bother me every time you want because for me this is my passion and my clients have to get the best. Let’s see together how to do it.
Come to my store and lets combine your clothes
Certainly the easiest way is to come to our shop and there to find the matching necklace or jewelry you like or you will receive my advice to buy.
Advantage of this situation is that you can bring your clothes to me and together we can see and choose what is right for you. Also, I want to share with you that lately I have been the recipient of many future brides and mothers of baptisms events, something that definitely pleases me since these moments of marriage and baptism are staying forever in the memory of people.
Let’s do the combination through the Internet
Surely there will be some of my clients that cannot come to my store but for them Internet can give us the solution. Send me through email some pictures and I will sit in my office and provide you with many choices in order you to have more clear idea what jewelry to buy for your clothes.
For your better convenience we could use Skype or any other Instant Messenger that is capable with a Web Camera to have even better contact. This will certainly help me as it is important to have a direct communication with my dear clients and customers so they can ask me questions or their need to design exclusively their own jewelry.
That’s all folks for today I was very glad having this close communication with any of you. If you want you can follow me my blog , through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram where among other things you will have the chance to see all the new jewelry lines from Craftlet.com
Handmade jewelry has been all the rage lately as many people around the globe and especially women want to buy some expensive though but with better quality. Two things that are coming out of this concept is the personal attention and love that designers and artists infuse into their work is evident in the masterpieces that they create. What most people or clients don’t seem to understand is the reason why handmade jewelry is more likely an investment than ‘’another product’’. Regarding our attention there are 5+1 reasons why handmade jewelry is more of an investment so here in Craftlet.com we thought it would be nice to break those reasons under for your attention:
1. There is no machine involved: By definition, handmade jewelry is literally just that, made by the “hands” of the artist. The pieces are soldered, sawed, carved and shaped without the use of any machine. As a result of all this is that can’t produce a mass production line when an individual can only make a finite quantity or fraction of the number of pieces in the same amount of time.
2. Time Worth Money: It was mentioned before that handmade Jewelry doesn’t involve any machine and it takes an incredible amount of time to produce just a single piece. As a designer I can’t remember how many hours took me to produce just one Viking Shield. Also there is often happening to spend many hours designing a single piece of jewelry for a client. The time to make the piece often can take days or weeks.
3. Process of Making: The designer has a very unique relationship with each piece or design. The design process is key to the value of every piece.
4. Materials for Jewelries: Every time one the most crucial reasons to set a price for a unique product is the kind of material is made of. It’s also difficult to know what materials are used in mass line production where dirty metals are blended together to create costume pieces. In Craftlet.com we assure you that our handmade materials are generally sourced from highly reputable suppliers.
5. Lots of Quality: at smaller scale production line is almost always higher quality because the ability to track and control the process from start to. Designers and Artists are extremely proud of the work they produce and they aren’t going to let something to interfere quality regarding their work. Handmade Earrings, rings and so many others.
6. Locally: There is a lot of noise in our days about supporting local artists as it is good for the environment and good for everyone. There is HUGE value in supporting local companies regarding sustainability and energetic standpoint.
Last but not least we have to mention that next time you consider purchasing a handmade piece of jewelry, remember those 5+1 tips and that even though the piece may be an investment, you are supporting something even bigger
Sea, Nature, Sky, Sun……all in one Video
Craftlet.com new video with our new collection. Also we would like to invite you to our new e-Commerce site where you can find yourself the best gift for you ar your friends.
The only sensible choice
With the incredible amount of options consumers have out there now there are so many ways to spend your money it’s unbelievable. And with so many different people offering such vastly different products, it can be hard to know what’s best for you. When it comes to the concept of buying something that has been handmade, people often have some unfortunate misconceptions which means they miss out on absolutely fantastic items because of misinformation and prejudice. Hopefully through this article you will find the reasons to buy handmade and the reasons why it is so beneficial. Some misconceptions people have about handmade items might be;
- They’re too expensive
- They’ll be too brittle
- They’ll take too long to make
- They won’t last
- It won’t be what I really want
These are just a flavour of the objections that people often voice about the nature of handmade items and it is such a crying shame as there’s absolutely no basis for any of it, they’re all untrue. You’ve worked hard for your money, and naturally you want to put it to the best use and buy products that are actually worthy of your cash. So let’s examine five of the benefits of buying handmade, and hopefully you’ll see why it makes such a great choice.
Local economy – Buying handmade items will always serve to bolster local economies and with the world in the constantly shifting and highly precarious economic state that it’s in, that always makes sense to try and achieve. It makes sure that local artisans and craftsmen can continue to work, and when they buy their materials from other local vendors the positive effect of a sale will completely ripple through a whole community.
Quality – It’s highly ironic, albeit in a very sad way, that what is often thought to be a weakness of buying handmade is actually one of its most powerful strengths. When you spend something on a cheap item that has been stamped out of a production line, you’re spending your money on something that has been built to a cost, and with money saving corners cut absolutely everywhere. While handmade items often can’t compete with the incredibly low cost of a super cheap item stamped out by the million, they totally eclipse them in terms of quality. Artisans live or die by their business and their entire passion is devoted to it. As such every single item that leaves their store has to meet their own personal standards of quality. It’s easy to let quality slip when you’re safe behind the walls of a faceless corporation, but when your business consists of just you, the criticism will be very personal and you’ll go to any lengths to avoid it. Where a cheap mass-produced item may last a few months before breaking, if you buy handmade you buy for life.
Customisation – When you buy hand made, of course, you’re buying a product that will be made for you from the ground up, so you have the chance to push your own personality into it and make something incredibly unique! You’ll mostly be dealing directly with the person who will be making your item, so, you have the ability to alter parts of the design, colour and so on to fit your taste. Nearly all sellers offering handmade items will gladly customise them for you to make sure you’re getting exactly what you really want. With this customisation you get to invest a portion of your personality into your item, and as such you’re highly likely to treasure it over something you just plucked off a shelf that had been stamped out by the million.
Environmental – With the world the way it is, we’re all having to pull our weight a little more when it comes to making sure the products we buy are made as greenly as possible and to high standards of eco-responsibility. That’s what you get with a handmade item, because there is absolutely minimal wastage of materials (if any at all), there’s no huge factory, no smoke belching out into the sky, no delivery infrastructure making use of thousands of articulated vehicles. You just have one person, or a small handful of people, making your item and then sending it to you. Simple is best.
Personal Investment – This was mentioned in the ‘Customisation’ point as well, but here it’s coming from a different angle. There’s so much more personal satisfaction to be found with buying a handmade item, as both parties get something out of it. You get the satisfaction of knowing that you’re keeping a small, independent and passionate artisan in business, that you’re helping put a meal on their table and reward them for their hard work. They get the satisfaction of knowing that you have bought one of their items, that you love and that they were able to give you something that you absolutely treasure, that they were able to make something for you, and just for you. You just don’t get that level of involvement when buying on a big scale.
So there are five reasons why buying handmade makes so much sense. There are countless more, but it would take all day to list them. Buying handmade isn’t quite as cheap as buying some plastic rubbish that’s been dumped off a production line, sure, but when you consider the work that has gone into it, and the years of training to get the artisan to the level of ability that they are able to craft it at all, really, it’s an absolute steal. It’s an old adage, but it’s true. If you buy cheap, then you buy twice. There’s no reason that good quality has to cost the earth, but, when you consider how long that product will last you, the ever such a slight increase in cost to buy handmade products really doesn’t seem like such a bitter pill to swallow.
The use of copper can be traced back at least 10,000 years, and ever since human beings first came across it we haven’t been able to stop using it as it makes such an incredibly useful substance, and we’ve been using it for a very long time. A copper pendant was found in Northern Iraq that is believed to date to 8700 BC.
The Copper age gave way to the Bronze Age, where copper was alloyed with tin to produce bronze, and many of the same implements were used as were used when just plain copper was being used. For example things like war weapons, hatchets, cutlery and crockery and so on.
The word ‘Copper’ itself comes from ‘aes Cyprium’ meaning essentially a copper alloy from Cyprus, as the Romans mined a great deal of copper from Cyprus. This was simplified further to ‘cuprum’ and eventually we ended up with the word copper.
Copper has always been used for a great variety of things, but has traditionally always found some of its more long lasting use in the use of currency. Romans for example used mere copper lumps as currency.
Initially the copper itself was where the value came from, but as time went on the more the people began to value the aesthetics of the copper, and so they began to form it into more pleasing shapes. The Romans valued copper so much and found such a great use for it that they ended up smelting an astonishing amount of it, and never seemed to find an end for its uses.
Copper has continually found uses throughout the course of history, and not just for practical uses, but artistic ones too. For example, the Statue of Liberty is made of copper, and historical analysis shows that no matter what period in history humans have had their hands on copper, they’ve always managed to find great use for it.
The uses of Copper
As mentioned, copper has been used constantly in human society ever since it was first discovered, but it’s time to see in a little more detail some of the uses that can be found for copper in our world.
Copper is usually used as a pure metal, mainly in things like electrical wiring/cabling, roofing and plumbing and various forms of industrial machinery. But for anything where a little more hardness is needed it is usually formed into an alloy such as brass and bronze, as while the malleability of copper when pure does make it easy to work with, it can leave it less than desirable for use as a high stress component.
Wiring and Cabling – Electrical wiring is the most valuable and incredibly profitable means for the use of copper, and thanks to its proven usage and incredible conductivity it is still the preferred material for use in electrical conduction.
It’s also used in
- power generation
- electrical equipment
As mentioned, wire is the most profitable use for copper these days, and building wire, communications cable, power distribution cable, appliance wire, vehicular wires and cable as well as magnet wires can all be made from copper, and it’s believed that roughly half of the copper mined in the world is used to manufacture conductive wiring and cabling.
Copper is a highly useful material, and highly effective wherever it is used as well as being very dependable and easy to work with, so it always in demand. Marine applications – Bacteria will not grown on copper, and so it has long been used on ships to line certain parts liable to become subject to barnacles and mussels. Christopher Columbus‘ ships were some of the first to make use of this.
Thanks to its resistance to bio-fouling and strongly structural and corrosion resistant properties, copper is used throughout marine life.
There is nothing better than creating a new jewelry. Its always our moto to satisfy most of the desires and needs as expressed through the dozens of messages that we receive from our clients and people we meet in our everyday communication through our store in Ioannina, Greece or through email.
What February brought us
The month we passed was full of surprises and many pronunciations for our dear customers since the Valentine’s Day and our Greek Halloween Celebration brought us once again closer. How did that happen? Through the two great offers we brought during the month of February.
However, in the next days is expected to present through our blog all those lucky customers who managed to get these unique handmade jewelry and shared their moments with us. So stay tune.
It is customary to call a month ‘’Mad’’ when there are some important things to show or happen during that. Therefore, for us there is nothing more important than the launch of new products to our online platform on order our customers have even more options to see. Below we briefly present these products which are immediate available for all our customers:
- Ring with abstract shapes: This one-of-a-kind handmade ring is hand cut from flat brass sheet with a jewelers saw, it has got a unique hand pierced motifs. This amazing modern brass ring adds a stylish glow to any outfit.
- Brass ring with artisan shapes: This handmade ring is hand cut from flat sheet with a tiny saw, it has got an amazing hand pierced motifs. This modern brass ring is very comfortable to wear and very stylish works for most any outfit
- Rose quartz cabochon necklace: Rose quartz cabochon necklace decorated with copper spiral. The necklace dangles from a 50cm handmade chain of handmade copper links and Quartz Crystal beads.
- Copper wire pendant and turquoise beads: A thick, solid copper wire has been looped into this beautiful shape. It was then hammered to flatten the loop for a hammered effect. Combined with adorable turquoise beads.
- Green agate copper snake pendant: Hammered copper wire pendant snake shaped with green agate and antique finish. This pendant includes a 90cm steel Chain 1.7mm in copper antique color.
The days passed excruciatingly slowly for us since the April will bring to all of you a fantastic new jewelry collection that will certainly cause and will invite you to stand to a game of……….Surprise!!!!!!!
Why Greeks don’t Celebrate Halloween on 30th of October ?
In Greece there is a similar festival which takes place in February before Lent in the Greek Orthodox Church, called Apokries . Apokries are also known as Apokriatiko Karnivali. It’s all about dressing up and having fun, like a Halloween of sorts.
During the Apokries period Greece is alive with masqueraders. Adults dress up and throw parties or frequent the town cafes and bars dressed in masks, wigs and funny, scary or risqué costumes.
Therefore, Craftlet.com is also celebrating with all of our customers and due to Apokria we are bringing some jewelry for your Halloween Parties offering them 50% off their initial price.
Handmade brass masquerade pendant necklace. This pendant is hand cut with jewelers saw blade out of 0.7mm thick brass sheet metal, it is then oxidized, textured and buffed to give it shine. 6 cm long. Price: 50€———Now 25€
Handmade copper masquerade pendant necklace. This pendant is hand cut with jewelers saw blade out of 0.7mm thick copper sheet metal, it is then oxidized, textured and buffed to give it shine. 6 cm long Price: 50€———Now 25€
Each pendant is made entirely by hand from sawing and filing to polishing and finishing.
Handmade ring featuring masquerade, designed for everyday use. This modern brass ring will become your favorite accessory for any event especially during Greek Halloween. Point measure 32mm and the diameter is 18mm but the ring is adjustable. Price: 22€———Now 11€
Best wishes to all of you and if you didn’t make out this fantastic Offer, next day’s Craftlet.com is coming out with a Great Series of jewelry that will SURPRICE YOU. So keep on tracking those great offers from our site or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Spoil your loved one at work or home with a great offer from Craftlet.com only on Valentine’s Day romantic arrangement. Till that day all of our users or customers have the unique opportunity to get a Valentine’s Day gift of Red Enamel Post Earrings & Red Pendant Necklace which you can accompanied with flowers, champagne and chocolates to delight your love.
Our offer is on 51€ but IF YOU CONTACT us now you will get it 25€ because of that special day. Hurry up because it is one of a kind and there will be only one lucky guy who will offer that great gift do his beloved one. Some info about our gift:
- Red enamel post earrings are small and minimalist, they fit perfectly for night and every day wear. The earrings are expertly crafted by hand in copper with sterling silver posts and finished with luminous colored resin. The round studs are 14mm long, 16mm in diameter and the pins are 0.1mm thick. They come with sterling silver stud backs.
- Red pendant necklace is the ideal vibrant jewelry add on to any outfit and make you feel fascinating! Our handmade enamel pendants made from aluminum and finished with translucent enamel. This pendant measure 2.5cm in diameter and dangles from a 40cm sterling silver chain with a sterling silver clasp. This colorful jewelry will sparkle in the sunlight, and make you feel beautiful! Our enamel jewelry is as bright and vibrant as pictured in the photos but some colors may be slightly different from the photo due to monitor display setting on each computer.
Best wishes to all of you and if you didn’t make out this fantastic Offer, next days it will be a New Greek Halloween Offer. So keep on tracking those great offers from our site or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Best Regards Craftlet.com
We are pleased to inform you that Craftlet.com has created a new site, with easy navigation menu, nice graphics and a simple and understandable categories that all our users/clients will have the access to find our latest products.
Craftlet.com is about a handmade jewelry e-commerce site. All users will have the opportunity to find handmade Rings, Bracelets, Necklaces and Pendants. The main reason that brought us to create a new site was that many of our clients want to see and ‘’feel’’ all this handmade action and especially they want to see more of our clay products. Therefore the main characteristics of our new site are:
- Big & professional images, which our client will have the opportunity to see and check the desired product.
- Address of our land store in Ioannina, Greece, which has double meaning. First it shows our existence profile and second to attract all those users/clients with near address to come and see at first sight all those beautiful jewelry.
- Special page for Jewelry Sizing Guide, is where we bring you all that information about what size suits you, in order to avoid mistakes during your buys.
- Newsletter, is to inform you about new jewelry series, events and many others.
- Friendly for mobile smartphone & tablet type devices either you have iOS or Android operating system.
- Pages about News and Offers, where our clients will have the opportunity to read our news and check offers from our past jewelry series.
Also something that has to be mentioned regarding our decision to create that great Web Site is that it will be a strong tool in our hands because it will give us the direction to upload all the new content, images and videos by ourselves and not depend to webmasters, which most of the times will probably delay our demands. Finally we would like to thank you all for your support and wish you happy shopping to Craftlet.com
Our new window display, welcome in to the store for your Christmas shopping!