Jewelries manufactured by Craftlet are handmade and it is essential that you take sufficient care of the jewelry. Read on to know more about how to make your jewelry look new so that they last for a very long time.
General Jewelry Care
1) Each time you wear the jewelry, ensure that you wipe it using a soft cloth after usage and then, store it carefully. By wiping the jewelry, the oil from your skin and other impurities would be removed. This prevents the tarnishing of the jewelry. 2) The jewelry has to be put on in the last, after you are done with the usage of cosmetics, hairspray, perfume lotions or any other chemicals you make use of. When the jewelry comes in contact with the chemicals present, it might cause harm to the jewelry. 3) Ensure that you take off the jewelry before you sleep. While sleeping, your sleeping posture might result in the jewelry getting subjected to stress and it might break too! 4) Remove the jewelry while you perform your daily chores such as washing or taking a bath. The soaps or cleansing agents used contain chemicals that might cause damage to your jewelry. 5) Take the jewelry off before you enter a swimming pool or hot tub, as the chlorinated water is harmful. Do not use your jewelry when you apply a suntan lotion either. 6) If you wish to store your jewelry, take sufficient care to assure that it is stored in a cool and dry place where there is no direct sunlight incident on it. 7) If the jewelry can be disassembled, store each component separately as it might lead to scratches when they are store together. Place each part in a separate zip-lock bag without letting air enter the bag. All jewelry from Craftlet Jewelry come with such zip-lock bags to facilitate proper storage. 8) Take sufficient care to ensure that chemicals such as alcohol, ammonia, bleach, chlorine, acetone, hairspray, perfume or any other cosmetics do not come in contact with the jewelry.
Sterling Silver Jewelry
1) To make sure that the jewelry does not get tarnished, the first and foremost thing that is supposed to be done is to take adequate steps for the cleanliness of the jewelry. If the jewelry is tarnished prior to storage, the level of tarnish present would increase on storage. 2) Do not make use of abrasive polishes, dips or any scrubbing tools for your jewelry. When you use the commercial abrasive polishing, the antique patina and fine-leveled polishing will get destroyed from your gold, silver and copper jewelry. 3) If you wish to clean it with ease just for maintaining the jewelry, make use of a soft silver polishing cloth. 4) Sterling silver should not be dried using paper towels or tissues as it might cause scratches on the surface of the jewelry. Clean it with a soft cloth always. 5) The major reasons for tarnish to occur is the presence of air, humidity and moisture. This can be avoided by storing the jewelry in a zip-lock bag that has no air in it. 6) If you wish to clean your silver jewelry, dilute a solution of mild dish liquid along with water and it can be used for cleansing. Once you are finished cleaning it, wipe it thoroughly before storing it so that no moisture stays on the jewelry.
1) The tarnishing that occurs in copper is similar to that of silver. If you wish to keep the antique patina coating intact, wipe it with a soft cloth to keep the surface clean. 2) If you make use of commercial cleaners, the antique patina and the oxidized details present on the surface would be gone for any gold, silver or copper jewelry. 3) Tarnish is caused when the jewelry is exposed to air, moisture and humidity. To avoid all of them, store the jewelry in a zip-lock bag which does not have any presence of air.
Semi-Precious Gemstone Jewelry
1) Gemstones should not be subject to dips or any abrasive cleaners. 2) Opaque gemstones such as onyx, turquoise and opals should never be cleaned using ammonia, chemical solutions or an ultrasonic cleaner. This results in the pores of the stones absorbing the chemicals, and this would eventually lead to the fading of color. 3) Semi-precious gemstones should never be kept immersed in water. 4) Remove moisture from the gemstones before you store it. This can be done by wiping it softly with a clean cloth. 5) The gemstones should not be kept under direct sunlight for a long time.
1) Enamels are brittle. They get chipped or cracked when they hit hard surfaces. 2) There is discoloration, if UV light is incident on the enamel. Always store in a moisture-free, dark and dry place. 3) If you wish to clean the enamel, wipe it with a soft wet cloth. After wiping, use a dry cloth and it again to ensure that no moisture stays on the surface.